Trinity Lutheran Church is seeking a Transitional Pastor to assist us in our mission to “Serve Christ our Lord by welcoming, equipping and sending disciples”. We have been blessed to be shepherded by a husband and wife pastorate team for the past 24 years and as one of our pastors is retiring, we have opportunity to reflect on and evaluate our ministry. This 6–12 month position would serve our congregation by evaluating, reviewing and visioning with us as we prepare to call a new pastor.
- Leading careful examination of ministries, staffing, policies and congregational vitality for the purpose of making recommendations to Church Council.
- Assisting with visioning for God’s direction for this congregation. This includes moving through the transition from a long-term husband/wife pastorate team.
- Attending meetings and working along side the various ministries with emphases on evaluation and revitalization.
- Regularly praying for this congregation and its ministries.
- Aiding in congregational worship and programming, which may
include preaching, as well as sharing in pastoral responsibilities.
Trinity is an active, multi-generational congregation, averaging 140-180 attendants for worship. There are numerous active ministries, including Sunday School for ages 4 to adult, ladies Bible study, midweek evening Bible studies, missions ministry that includes local mission initiatives and travel mission teams, Vacation Bible School, funeral luncheon team, confirmation classes, quilting group, vibrant music teams, caring ministry teams and visitation teams. The church staff includes two pastors, two part time office staff and contract custodians. Our building is also actively used by groups in our community such as Girl Guides, ALANON, A.A. and an African Christian Church Group.
Trinity is situated in Brooks, a small city of 15,000 in southeastern Alberta. Brooks is ethnically and culturally diverse with over 100 languages and dialects spoken and is supported by the main industries of oil & gas and agriculture (farming & ranching), including the JBS Beef Processing Plant. Brooks is easily accessible as it is only a 1 hour and 45 minute drive south east of the Calgary International Airport on the Trans-Canada Highway.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Click the links below for more information